Sunday, October 9, 2011

Catch Up

Finalization

Better late than never, right? Two months ago we had the amazing opportunity to have Reagan legally made a part of our family. The judge asked us to tell him how we felt about being parents, and I realized through my sobbing that I couldn't love Reagan any more and couldn't imagine my life without her. Being a mom has brought me more joy than I could have expected and I feel extremely blessed. And along with my beautiful baby girl I have the sweetest husband a girl could ask for. Let's just say I'm blissfully happy.



Sealing

And what could top Reagan becoming a legal part of our family? Reagan becoming an eternal part of our family! We looked forward to taking Reagan to the temple since before she was even born because we knew this was a special day that most people don't get to experience. Reagan's Birth Grandma and Great-Grandma & Grandpa were even able to join us for the sealing, while Rachel and her dad waited for us outside the temple. To have so much of Reagan's family around to join us and support us made the day so much more special, and my blissfully happy feeling turned to pure elation. We are finally a beautiful, eternal family!






Blessing day!


Just Some Other Stuff

In the last few weeks Reagan has changed a ton. All you mom's out there will just be nodding your heads as you read this because you'll know how I'm feeling. She's now got 2 little teeth on the bottom, she claps her hands, she sits in her high chair and can pick up little bits of food with her hands, she's eating solid foods like bread, bananas, noodles, etc., she says "da da", and even gives kisses. But to top it all off, the little stink has learned to crawl! And not just a little scoot across the floor. I'm talking about a very perfect, efficient, follow-me-down-the-hall, sort of crawl. It's adorable, but it's made life very difficult. Oh yeah, and now she crawls to the window and tries to stand up to it. She crawls to the couch and tries to stand up to it. She crawls to my legs and tries to stand up to them. You get the picture. She doesn't get clear up onto her feet yet, but it's close, and she's not quite stable so she inevitably falls onto her little noggin from time to time. And I'm always torn between protecting her from a bump on the head or letting her be independent and learning through trial and error. But besides life being more difficult it's also exponentially more fun and she is getting cuter everyday. She's so smart and fun and happy, and Josh and I are the happiest we've ever been.

Our little Utah State fan. Go Aggies!


This is the hat part of her lamb Halloween costume. Doesn't she look baaad!

Our disappointing trip to Gardner Village to see the witches. Who could have guessed it would be 90 degrees on Oct 1? Heat = grumpy husband & grumpy baby.

She's so adventurous now that she's a crawler. She had to check out the 8 inch space between Stacy's couch and the wall.


Reagan loves a good bath.

The weather turned cold suddenly, but we were ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment