Monday, March 7, 2011

One Month Old!

To all you moms out there who always say "I can't believe how fast my baby is growing or how big she's getting!" I can finally say that I completely understand. Our little Reagan is already 1 month and 2 days, to be exact, and she's starting to do all sorts of things she couldn't just a mere 2 weeks ago. For example, she now holds her head up almost any time I put her up on my shoulder to burp her, and she kicks up with her legs against my stomach into a standing position. I'm pretty sure she made some cooing noises yesterday when my sister was holding her, and she has definitely realized she can cry good and loud! It's all so adorable, and before you know it this time will be gone and she'll be walking out the door to go on her first date.

To celebrate her 1 month birthday Josh went on an overnight scout camp and left me to fend for myself all night with the lovely child. Up to now we've taken turns getting up with her each time she needs to eat at night (one of the joys of formula feeding!) which gives us enough solid sleep to feel normal the next day. But on one's own the night becomes very daunting. Now normally Reagan has been a good little sleeper, only waking twice, sometimes three times a night. But wouldn't you know that the one night I'm alone with her she woke 4 different times, basically keeping me awake from 3-7am. Oh, and did I mention I was sick? That was awesome. I couldn't fall asleep even once I had gotten her back to sleep because my stupid nose and my stupid cough kept me up. Needless to say, I have never been happier to see my sweet husband walk through that front door the next day, knowing that I was no longer alone in this great task. Thankfully, he eased my pain a bit by offering to get up with her alone all the next night. We didn't do that, but he did get up with her the first 2 times leaving me to sleep from 10pm clear until 5am. Bliss!!

Below are just some random photos from the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! I love the picture of her sleeping on Josh's chest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much she's changed in a month! So adorable. And it is totally nuts how fast they grow! I get a little sad when I think how fast the time goes by, but it helps me to remember to make the most of each moment with my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! Did you ever think that you would cherish sleep so much? I'm proud of you for handling the night so well! It is a bummer to be alone and have to do it by yourself, thank heavens for good husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! I'm so excited for you and Josh to have the wonderful adventure of parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't get over the last picture! she has changed since we were there so much! so beautiful.

    i totally understand your sleep feelings, by the way. i'm 100% sure i was a walking, talking zombie the first 4 months. i probably made zero sense a lot of the time. it's so hard to go from beautiful sleep to nothing!

    miss you guys! wish we lived in the same town.

    ReplyDelete