Monday, March 28, 2011

Just some new photos...






These are the 2 newest members of the family. Reagan and her cousin Darcy. Darcy is my brother's 6th child, born just 2 weeks after Reagan. Yea cousins!




Reagan is growing like a weed. Yesterday I went through her closet and pulled out all the newborn-size clothes, many of which she never even wore because she grew too fast or they were just the wrong season. But we're on to 3 month clothes now, mostly because she's so long. She's still kind of a skinny little thing, but getting super long. Josh is hoping that means she'll be tall. He's ok with her being taller than him; he just wants some height in the family somewhere. Reagan doesn't have her 2 month checkup for almost another month (when she'll actually be closer to 3 months) so we don't know for certain, but we're thinking she weighs about 10lbs and is about 22-23 inches long. And boy is she beautiful! Everyday I look at her and I'm stunned by how gorgeous she is!

Her birth mom, Rachel, was able to come to Salt Lake the weekend of the 19th so we went down to visit with her. We saw her both Friday and Saturday and she got to spend some good time with Reagan. I know it was a bitter-sweet experience for her, but hopefully it was more sweet than bitter. She's amazingly strong and I know she's going to be ok. And we'll do our best to help her heal and get past the hurt. But the open adoption is working really well for all of us I think, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So here are just a bunch of new photos so you can see for yourself what a charmer she is!

P.S. I get confused every time I post about whether I should type up my post first or load the pics first, so that's why there are pics first and then the text. Clearly, I chose wrong.


4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I love the 1st and 4th pic of lil Reagan. Too cute. Now I can see why Reagan is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pictures! I can't wait to meet her in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 love you all so much! I am glad we were able to see each other, and you are correct, she has grow SO much! miss you guys and love you! :)
    your FABULOUS birth-mom ;)
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete